Let us introduce you to a new brand: SobOsibio. Well, it was new to us, but the first collection was put on the market in 2008. That’s when fashion stylist Nguyen Clementine had put her desire to create an ecological & ethical prêt-à-porter brand into action.
There are four main principles behind SobOsibio:
- Desirable: yes, we’re talking fashion that women want to wear.
- Ecological: organic, water management, recycling objectives and CO2 reduction.
- Ethical: respecting the producers by applying ethical trade practices, “Made in Europe”.
- Transparent: through a traceability number, you can find out how your apparel was manufactured through the SobOsibio website.
SobOsibio is based in Paris where Nguyen Clementine designs the collections, takes care of follow-up and supervises the environmental quality control. Grazzhopprz got to ask a couple of questions to the designer of SobOsibio.
- What’s your main drive and motivation when designing for SobOsibio?
« Timeless, basic and in tune with the times; with details that make the pieces rather than adding details.. In our lines, there is a colorful and playful side. Our models are ‘false simple’ with cuts in high demand. This is all very busy!
- Where do you get the inspiration from in designing the collections?
« At Sobosibio, we give special attention to color. I did not want to apply neutral colors under the guise of ecology. I enjoy working with colors of a specific tone. It’s very subtle, I’m never in bright primary, yet the effect has to be bright. I like the subtle light and color; I am always looking for the correct pitch. The dyes used are Oeko-Tex ®, they don’t contain heavy metals or products harmful to health. Dresses are our strong point. They are very easy to wear and we sell a lot. »
- Where do you see SobOsibio on five years’ time?
« We want to continue to develop our presence in online stores, and find new channels through multi-export. I am currently working on a project of a store that would highlight the universe of the brand in order to communicate our fashion more effectively. The designer creates the harmony of the brand through the stories she tells. All this, in order to be closer to our goals : having our own chain of stores. That’s why I’m looking for investors. »
At Grazzhopprz, we wish SobOsibio the best of luck in reaching their goals. Thank you for sharing your story with us!